Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Correction for "What I Learned in San Francisco"

Hey Guys,

Sheepishly, I must share a moment of simultaneous triumph and embarrassment. The triumph comes from Jim Romenesko coming across The Paper Trail and posting a link to yesterday's post regarding what all went on at Western District Council. The embarrassment comes from me misstating some of the circumstances for how the events at the Eugene Register Guard were handled.

Being new to this blog world, I'm not sure how the etiquette works, so rather than compounding the situation, I removed the disputed section and posted an apology to those involved. As I understand it, the event with the mandatory smiling actually happened, but it was resolved differently than I recalled. It was my mistake, plain and simple, so I hope this will be enough to set the record straight and I'm sorry for the inaccuracy and the confusion it may have caused.

I guess what I'll take away from this is that while this isn't a newspaper and was intended just to let you guys know what's going on around the office, that it deserves the same standards as what we do at the paper... and that other people are reading. Hopefully, this will be the last time I'll make a mistake like this and have to clear things up.

Thanks for your time,
Brent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home