Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Night Round-Up: B-Ball, Organized Labor and Good Ol' Journalism

Hello, My Friends,

I hope that this e-mail finds you all well and warm on this nippy Sunday evening. Many thanks to those of you who made it to Pickwick on Wednesday night for some camaraderie and chips. The decor's a little too upscale and they don't serve mushy peas, but given some time, it could return to its previous scuzzy glory.

I've got a hodgepodge of issues to discuss this time around, so let's start with a fun one: http://kleinbaum.org/glimm06/ Regardless of whether you entered Josh's NCAA pool, you've gotta read his daily updates, which are nothing short of hilarious. It's almost enough to make up for the fact that my bracket's lingering down at the bottom 10. Almost.

Now, onto more serious news, I need your help for suggestions to pass along to the national union. As part of its overall efforts for 2006 to improve itself, CWA has adopted what it's calling Resolution #1 to make itself as useful as possible for members in the future. If you'd like to respond directly, go to http://www.cwa-union.org/future/ and request a log-in. If you'd prefer to send your stuff to me, shoot me an email and I'll pass it through.

And of course, that always goes for our unit, too. If you ever have ideas on how to improve what we do at the Daily News, let us know and we'll consider what you've got to say.

That's all for this evening, I think. More to come soon...

Thanks, as always,
Brent

1 Comments:

Anonymous Universal City Architects said...

Niice post

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home