Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New city editor

Hey y'all,

This is just a cut-and-paste from Ron's message, but I wanted to pass along the good news that ACE Judi Erickson has been promoted to City Editor. I've enjoyed working with her to reshape news coverage in the last few months and I can tell you she's sharp, hard-working and an excellent boss. We'll be in good hands with her at the helm.

-Brent

Ron's text follows:

Everyone:

I'm very pleased to announce that Judi Erickson has been named City Editor.

She succeeds Barbara Jones who is coordinating content with our sister MediaNews papers and will play a key content role in the efforts to develop and put together the common pages we'll soon be producing with the Breeze and Long Beach.

Judi has done a terrific job coming up fresh ideas and working with the staff to help us move forward as we try to reinvent journalism that works for our existing readers and attracts new ones to the Daily News.

I don't need to tell any of you what a challenging time this is for everyone in newspapers. But it's also a creative opportunity to try out new ideas and to do things differently. I think we've made a lot of progress but clearly have a long way to go. I think we've got a great staff and management team that can work together to tap into our talent and to channel it to create a newspaper that's more interesting, entertaining and informative to more people.

Join me in congratulating Judi on her well-deserved promotion.

Ron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home