Monday, January 16, 2006

Dues, Etc.

Hello, My Friends,

Just a quick note to update you on some dues-related stuff. The latest I heard, we're close to establishing a direct deposit account, which I'll test out with my own paycheck a couple times, then start for everyone-- hopefully, that'll be the last of this monthly hand collection.

And while we're on that subject, here's a couple thoughts-- the local's secretary-treasurer had an unexpected death in the family recently, which is why some of you may have noticed a delay in previous checks getting cashed. So I apologize for any inconvenience to you guys on that, but it's been a hard time for her, I know you'll all understand. This is also what's held up getting the bank account started.

As we've tried to get that up and running, we've been experimenting with a few different ways to handle dues collection. I know hand collection can be inconvenient, both for me and you guys, so we're going to try one final way before we switch over to the direct deposit system...

For those of you who haven't yet paid, either for December or January, just mail them directly to the local. This is on your honor-- no one's going to come check on you, you're not going to get roughed up, it's just the right thing to do. I know it's a pain to keep track of and we could all use the extra cash that goes toward dues, but it's only fair that we all pay our share.

So make your checks out to CWA 9400 and mail them off to:
CWA local 9400, attn: Vicki DiPaolo
7844 Rosecrans Ave.
Paramount, Ca. 90723

I'll mail the last of the checks I've already been given, as well as any you give me this week, but if everyone else could just send off whatever you owe, that would be great.

And finally, if you're looking for an example of what the money goes to, look at the links below, forwarded to me by the union. Perhaps it'll be you applying for those scholarships one day and if not, you'll be helping out needy folks at the same time you make us stronger at the Daily News.

That's all for now, folks... Thanks for your time, as always.

-Brent

Have a College-Bound Scholar at Home? Learn More about
Scholarships Available to CWA Members and Their Children:
- Joe Beirne Foundation (Deadline March 31, 2006):
http://www.unionvoice.org/ct/x115uqM1CqtY/
- IUE-CWA Division Scholarships (Deadline March 31, 2006):
http://www.unionvoice.org/ct/ep15uqM1CqtC/
- Union Plus Scholarship (Deadline January 31, 2006):
http://www.unionvoice.org/ct/d715uqM1Cqga/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home