Sunday, January 06, 2008

The return of the Sunday night missive

Hey folks,

Now that the new year has begun, I've resolved to be more dutiful with my union communiqués, so here we go, back to the Sunday updates. This one will be brief, but there should be more following soon.

First off, Ben Jauron shared with me the unfortunate news that his father, Michael, has died. He's been off arranging the funeral and getting his affairs in order, and it sounds like he's got everything under control, but we should all keep him in our thoughts. I never knew his dad and the two weren't close, but Ben's a hell of a guy, so let's offer him whatever support he needs. Our condolences go out to you and the rest of the family, sir.

Secondly, if any of you folks are free on Saturday, January 12, from 10AM – 3PM, we'll be meeting with our Long Beach counterparts to coordinate how to rally the membership. This is a time of huge change, for our company, for the industry and for the nation as a whole-- we can play a role in shaping how that change plays out. I know this is short notice and that we've all got busy weekends, but if any of you can spare some time, I'd really appreciate it if some people could join us. The meeting will be at the union local at 7844 Rosecrans Ave. Paramount, Ca. 90723. Please RSVP to me so we can get an accurate head count. Thanks a bunch.

And as a third, and final note, I've got two pieces of good news about holidays in '08. In case you missed the memo, we hit our vacation goal and earned the extra floating holiday. They're calling it an anniversary day, which they want you to take relatively close to your anniversary with the company (I want to say it's 45 days, but I don't have it in front of me). And though the memo does not note this, the other floating holiday does NOT have to be taken on your birthday, as per the union contract. I double-checked with Janiga and will ask Ron to put out a note next time I see him. Thanks to Val for pointing that out!

Alright, let's all go out and have another rockin' week. Many thanks to all of you and hope to see you Saturday.

-Brent

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, so much for your resolution....

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home