Sunday, March 02, 2008

Publisher pays a visit?

Good evening,

I'm told Daily News Publisher Douglas Hanes may come by the newsroom Monday to talk with staff about the state of our paper. I hope so. We've gone through a rotten week and taken a serious hit to the newsroom. People need some reassurance that the company has a strategy to weather these difficult economic times, beyond cutting staff. I think our publisher will find a creative, flexible, hard-working newsroom that is committed to ensuring the Daily News is a professional and profitable enterprise.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is terrible to see this happen to the Daily News. I can only imagine what could have been, had Dean Simpleton invested more in 2004 in good ideas then throw money and attitude at the failed Valley News initiative that basically crumbled the advertising revenue stream. As a business made "for profit", it is about the content by professionals that sell the ads that make the profit. Oh, and happy employees help.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stand by for news from your brothers and sisters out in the Inland Empire...

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad news from the Pasadena Star-News too...cuts are coming...

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those of us outside DN land who have been keeping up with our journalistic brethren (and sistren) would love to hear whether the pubplisher bothered to show and what he had to say. Can you offer an update, please?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kerry Cavanaugh said...

Sorry for the slow response in posting. I wasn't there on Monday, so I've asked my colleagues to send me a low-down on what happened. I should have something up this evening.
Thanks for reading.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home