Sunday, February 03, 2008

Thursday! Fun! Rock!

Hey folks,

Dinner's rapidly heating on the stove, so this will be a short union update, but I just wanted to remind everyone that we'll be getting together on Thursday night at El Torito after work. It's been a long time since we've kicked back and enjoyed each other's company outside of work, so c'mon down. We'll be there after 6 for a few hours-- first round of drinks and appetizers are on us.

And separately, I know there's still some confusion going around about the way the new holidays work. I'll clear it up with Janiga next time I see him, but as I understand it, on top of the regular holidays, we get two floating days, too. One (called the birthday holiday) can be used anytime by bargaining unit members (namely, us), while the other one (the anniversary holiday), can be used within 45 days of your date-of-hire anniversary. I've heard some managers say, incorrectly, that they're the only one who gets the anniversary holiday.

Nah, as far as I know, we all get it. I realize that explanation's that clear, so if you've got questions, let me know.

As a final note, that was a darn nice looking front page today, with good stuff from Susan, Tony, Mike and some copy and design folks whom I wish I could identify. Made me feel good to pick up the paper.

Anyhow, thanks for your time and we'll look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

-Brent

Union Happy Hour
When: Thursday, 2/7, 6 pm to 9ish
Where: 6040 Canoga Ave/Oxnard
Price: Free
Subjects of Conversation: work, life, the elections, seen any good movies lately?, and, possibly, my terrible skills at karaoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home