Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Baby, Baby, Baby.

Greetings!

I'm passing along some of the best news possible from our former members and friends Mariko and Howard Beck. As of yesterday, they've traded the wild and crazy lives of a New York Times reporter and intrepid freelance journalist to that of the wilder, crazier lives of a NYT reporter and an intrepid freelance journalist who are now responsible for a beautiful new baby. Howard's email follows below... please join me in offering them the heartiest congratulations and best wishes.

-Brent

From: Muckraker@aol.com

Family/friends/peeps--

Mariko and I are thrilled to announce the arrival of a bouncing baby journalist named Talia Mirei. (I haven't actually seen her bounce yet, but I'm told it's what babies do, so I'm just assuming that much until I finish reading the instruction booklet.)

After much procrastination on her part (clearly taking after Dad), Talia arrived at 5:40 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 24, at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. She checked in at 6 lbs, 15 oz and 19.5 inches, and she's a beauty
(clearly taking after Mom).

Mariko's doing great but needs a few days in the hospital to recover. Everybody should be home by Friday evening. I'll be bringing Mariko her cell phone when I head back there in a bit, and hopefully she'll be able to make a few calls. Digital photos by the dozen will be zipping through cyberspace shortly.

We can't wait for y'all to see her.

peace,
--howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home